What is bail supervision?
- Bail supervision is working with young people to help them not re-offend while on bail
- Advice and support will also be given if you have to return to Court for further appearances
- Work will address issues that are important to you and have a direct link to offending
- The worker will meet with you to discuss a package that will be presented to the Court in an effort to prevent a remand to custody.
What are the benefits of bail supervision to you?
- Although there are no guarantees that the Court will agree to bail, the plan will give them information about the types of appointments and activities you are going to undertake if granted bail
- It will give you the opportunity to work with specially trained people who will help you understand some of the things that are happening in your life and ways you can deal with these
- You will have regular contact with a worker who will check your progress and investigate other services that may be able to support you.
What will be expected of you?
- If the Court grants you conditional bail, you will be expected to comply with those conditions. The police will be informed if you do not, and you may be arrested and returned to Court
- You will be given information about any appointments you need to attend (you can be accompanied by a responsible adult where required)
- You will be expected to inform your worker if you cannot make an appointment or have a change in your circumstances that will affect your bail.
If you have any complaints about the service you receive, please take this up in the first instance with your YOT officer. If you remain dissatisfied please write to:
Slough Youth Offending Team
25 Windsor Road
See address above
Phone: 01753 522 702
Slough YOT aims to provide a service that is fair to everyone. We will not accept racist, sexist, other offensive remarks or behaviour from staff members or young people.
We also want a healthy work place, so smoking is not allowed in our offices. We will not see people if they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.