Do you want to make a difference to a young person’s life? Do you have 2- 4 hours per month to spare?
The National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS) urgently requires more volunteers, so why not volunteer as a mentor/befriender for NYAS as an Independent Visitor for children and young people in care? As a volunteer you will:
- Have fun, take young people on outings and maybe share a hobby, sport or interest
- Offer support and a listening ear and be a positive influence in a young person’s life and help build self- esteem and confidence
You don’t need any special qualifications. NYAS is looking for reliable and dependable people from all walks of life and they will provide training and ongoing support. They will also pay expenses to a set limit
Here is what some of their young people and volunteers have to say about this rewarding role:
- I like how my Independent Visitor isn’t anything to do with social services and is here to support me
- They have boosted my confidence, now I feel like when I go places I can just relax and have fun
- My young person always looks forward to me coming, they have had such a disjointed life, I am a stable figure in their life and this has to be important for them, as everything else changes around them a lot.
If you are interested, please visit the NYAS website or call Linzi Bagshaw on 07484 075165.