Salary: Up to £400 per day
Hours: 3 days per week
Contract: 9 months fixed-term contract
This role is part of a time limited transformation programme to build sufficiency across placements, including short breaks; delivering quality services; improving outcomes; and establishing best practice systems.
The successful applicant will help ensure all new arrangements are fit for purpose, cost effective and contribute to an effective Local Offer. Principles of co-production will inform all activity.
This role will have oversight of the day to day project management of the Placement Sufficiency Project under the DfE Transformation.
- Support development of key project documentation including but not limited to the PID, detailed plan, tracking and reporting
- Support with the project risk management and escalations on key factors.
- Support project management reporting and assurance up to the Programme Board and through internal governance
- Support development of evidence based reporting and establish robust monitoring arrangements in line with the programme and corporate objectives.
Procurement and Commissioning
- Develop and manage a complex sufficiency programme building capacity and quality across placements including short breaks
- Lead on procurement plan to ensure compliant practice and delivery within timescale
- Support development of Local Offer to include resource allocation systems and methodology [RAS]
- Support partnership procurement activity
- Support market engagement, market shaping and development of provider relationships.
Research and Support
- Develop comprehensive data set of activity and demand to inform sufficiency planning of placements across the system
- Research and benchmark best practice, which can feed into future commissioning and procurement processes
- Work to improve the quality of service delivery; and confidently develop systems and governance in relation to sourcing and managing of placements.
- Support procurement tasks as necessary
- Undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required of a Strategic Project Lead
- Work flexibly and be willing to travel to meetings when required.
Education, Training & Experience
- Experience of working for, or with public organisations such as local authorities or NHS commissioning functions (Essential)
- Proven ability to manage information flow, use data base and an understanding of confidentiality (Essential)
- An understanding of how data can be used to inform planning or development of new arrangements (Essential)
- Experience of working in an environment where attention to detail is very important (Essential)
- Proven experience of managing workloads, priorities and meeting deadlines (Essential)
- Proven experience of managing complex procurement and transformation projects (Essential)
General & Specific Knowledge
- Understand contract management and its importance in the commissioning cycle (Essential)
- Demonstrate insight and understanding of the issues contracted providers might have when delivering services to children and young people (Desirable)
- Have effective communication skills to enable the flow of information Providers and team members (Essential)
- Support the development of written reports and briefings (Essential)
- Demonstrate insight and understanding of the principles of safeguarding (Essential)
- Demonstrate an understanding of equal opportunities and how this principle is deployed in the contract management process (Essential)
- Be able to record, interpret and analyse financial information clearly and accurately (Essential)
- Handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately (Essential)
- Demonstrate self motivation and ability to work on own initiative and also within a team approach (Essential)
- Ability to approach problem-solving analytically and systematically to provide effective solutions (Essential)
- Computer literate with knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and must be proficient in the use of IT packages including databases and spreadsheets (Essential)
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deal with members of the public and staff in a sensitive and professional manner both over the phone, and face to face (Essential)
- Able to asses information and provide a recommendation based on own judgment. Experience of research to inform best practice (Essential)
- Ability to work constructively with other professionals and be able to maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Work within the Company’s policies and procedures (Essential)
- Willingness to work out of hours when service demands (Desirable)
If you would like to apply for this post, please use the application form to submit your CV and apply online. Once submitted we will be in touch shortly to discuss your application. if you have any questions, please email email@example.com. The deadline for submitted applications is 5pm on Monday 31 May.