Salary: £29,621 – £33,859 (including local weighting of £949)
Hours: 37 hours per week
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the Early Help team within Slough Children First as a Senior Targeted Young People’s Officer.
The engage service provides targeted interventions to young people at risk of or who have been involved in sexual exploitation.
The role within the team will require engaging some of our most vulnerable and hard to reach young people through a relationship-based approach, providing consistent intervention, support, and advocacy.
- Work directly with young people who have been assessed as being at risk of sexual exploitation within the local community.
- Undertake or contribute to the assessment of need and risk to develop an action plan in line with the needs of each individual young person, maintaining accurate records
- Manage a caseload of young people in line with national standards and other guidance and legislation relating to young people linked to sexual exploitation.
- Support and facilitate individual and group based interventions which safeguard children and young people at risk of extra familial harm
- Keep accurate, clear records using the liquid logic system, contributing to or leading on children and young people’s support plans.
- Participate and attend team meetings, risk panels and other multi agency meetings associated with the risk management of children and young people.
- Contribute to the team’s duty systems as appropriate.
- Develop links with other agencies to reduce risk of sexual exploitation, providing support, guidance and opportunities for young people
- Any other duties required by your line manager that are commensurate with the post.
Education, Training & Experience
- Education to ‘A’ level/ NVQ Level 3 or equivalent with practical knowledge of applied business practices including, where relevant, basic awareness of relevant legislation. May require additional technical or specialist training. (Essential)
- Demonstrable commitment to continuous professional development. (Essential)
- Experience acquired through a combination of training and working in a relevant area; demonstrating self development and an enthusiasm to learn. (Essential)
- Experience of working successfully in teams, across teams and partnerships. (Essential)
- Proven track record of embracing digital approaches and new ways of working. (Essential)
- Membership of a relevant professional body. (Desirable)
General & Specific Knowledge
- Good level of digital literacy, including proficient use of office software suites and flexible ways of working (e.g. video conferencing, remote working). (Essential)
- Interpret and analyse performance and finance information to feed into practice improvements and contribute to business planning. (Essential)
- Ability to plan and organise work to produce a high level of output to quality standards. (Essential)
- Develop productive and collaborative working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders (Essential)
- Excellent written and oral communication, negotiating and influencing skills. Good networking, collaborative and presentation skills to relate effectively to employees, managers, members, the public and stakeholders and command their respect, trust and confidence. (Essential)
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant work areas and demonstrable experience of working in a customer facing organisation. (Essential)
- Knowledge of relevant digital systems, processes and associated equipment. (Essential)
- Good numeracy and budget monitoring skills to interpret performance and finance information. (Essential)
- Demonstrate an awareness of the values and behaviours expected from Slough Children First to promote a positive working environment and culture. Understands fairness and dignity and equality of opportunity at work and in service delivery. (Essential)
- Understanding of health and safety legislation and good practice and how it related to themselves and others in workplace. (Essential)
- Experience leading delivery of projects and/or programmes. (Desirable)
If you would like to apply for this post, please use the application form to submit your CV and apply online. Once submitted we will be in touch shortly to discuss your application. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. The deadline for submitted applications is 11pm on Sunday 20 February 2022.