Salary: £29,621-£33,859 (including local weighting)
Hours: Full time
Do you have a background in information management, data development and analysis and reporting on performance indicators?
Do you have an understanding of local authority, children’s services or other public sector setting?
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge with new and exciting challenges?
If so, we’d like you to come and work in our Performance Team to deliver timely, accurate analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data that will support managers and senior leaders in management and decision making.
You’ll benefit from working in a team that provides supervision, support and development opportunities, and you’ll be a part of our journey to improve the lives of children and families in Slough.
- Work effectively as part of a team to meet performance reporting and data analysis requirements of Slough Children First.
- To support the development and implementation of strategies for effective management of information in Slough Children First to improve the quality of decision-making, management oversight and operational practice.
- Lead on combining, processing, analysis, quality assurance and use of information from a range of sources and partners in order to monitor the effectiveness of Social Care services.
- Engage and promote effective internal and external working relationships, communications and best operational practices that enable:
- Effective partnership joint working arrangements with partners and key stakeholders, such as police, health and local authorities.
- Effective data sharing and reporting protocols.
- The identification of barriers to the collation, input and use of data.
- The provision and presentation of timely and relevant performance management information to inform planning, service transformation, commissioning of services and contract monitoring.
- Represent the Company at regional data analysis and information workshops, meetings and events.
- Collate and develop accurate performance information through extensive data collation, manipulation and quality assurance; provide this, with appropriate analysis and commentary, to senior managers and other appropriate stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of all statutory data returns, ensuring that the Companies reputation is not affected by inaccurate or incomplete returns.
- Maintain and develop effective systems for the collection, storage, validation and transfer of data, ensuring that data held by the Company is accurate, up to date and proactively monitored.
- Work with staff, both within the Company and partner agencies, to improve and maintain data recording and integrity in order to ensure data quality and to maximise performance, including through training on the use of ICT systems and the population of information in these systems.
- Discover and develop best practice approaches based on learning from other data and performance teams around the country.
- To assist with the production of statistical reports from case management systems to meet the analytical and reporting needs of the service.
- To lead on the production of information and subsequent written responses in response to Freedom of Information requests and ad hoc queries.
- Support service reviews, internal and external performance inspection programmes and process mapping exercises as necessary to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of services.
- Support the delivery of performance reports for the Company, including supporting the production of business cases demonstrating service improvement and value for money.
- Work with colleagues in an adaptable and flexible manner when providing support and requesting information.
- Ensure compliance with all information security, data protection, information sharing and other policies, maintaining confidentiality of data and information at all times.
- Carry out any other duties, consistent with the nature and grade of the post, as may be required.
Education, Training & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of working in an information management, data analysis, performance analyst, reporting development or research role involving reporting on performance indicators (Essential)
- Experience of data collection, analysis, reporting and presenting data to various audiences (Essential)
- Knowledge of databases and demonstrable experience of database/reporting tools ideally Access, SSMS, SSRS, Power BI or similar tools (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in using SQL to extract data from databases (Desirable)
- Strong Excel skills, including the ability to develop and apply complex formulae and familiarity with VBA to facilitate automation and data analysis (Essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write succinct and clear reports and briefings (Essential)
- Relevant qualification equivalent to a degree, ideally in a numerate, computer science or other STEM discipline, or sufficient relevant experience in a similar type of role (Essential)
General & Specific Knowledge
- Commitment to continuous professional development (Essential)
- Experience of working within a local authority, children’s services or other similar public services setting (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Liquid Logic Social Care Systems, CACI ChildView or CHARMs (Desirable)
- Knowledge of information security and confidentiality issues when handling sensitive data (Essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with and work in partnership with senior managers and other agencies (Essential)
- Proactive individual that is able to work as part of a team or using their own initiative (Essential)
- Strong numeracy and statistical skills (Essential)
- Strong IT literacy and familiarity with broad range of MS Office applications (Essential)
- Good problem solving skills and ability to think outside the box (Essential)
If you would like to apply for this post, please use the application form to submit your CV and apply online. Once submitted, we’ll be in touch shortly to discuss your application. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. The deadline for submitted applications is 11pm on Wednesday 16th March 2022.