Salary: £23,576 – £28,690 (including local weighting)
Hours: 37 hours per week
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the finance team within Slough Children First as a junior finance analyst.
If you have some experience within a business support role that has a large element of finance, are currently working as a finance assistant and looking for your next challenge, or have good excel skills, a qualification in accountancy and are looking for your first role, then this may be the role for you.
- Supporting a wide range of activities including ensuring integrity in invoice processing and payment, liaising with suppliers and reconciling to supplier statements. Reconciliation of general ledger accounts with back up data. Supporting the Finance Analyst and Company Accountant in financial administrative tasks.
- Raising of timely and accurate purchase requisitions to ensure good governance and control over expenditure of the company, matching invoices against purchase requisitions and approving for payment
- Reconciling supplier statements to ensure accuracy and completeness of the company’s accounts and liaising with suppliers to resolve queries
- Chase suppliers for outstanding debts to the company, following up with the respective service areas to provide the backup and evidence to ensure timely settlement
- Training and assisting the payments team to enable them to carry out the above on behalf of some front line services
- To support in a wide range of activities including assisting with the preparation of the monthly management accounts by preparing monthly cost centre reports, variance analysis, forecasting and performance indicator reports for back office functions of the company by holding meetings and making necessary accounting adjustments through journals and accruals and prepayments.
- Updating and maintaining spreadsheets for key areas of spend, such as agency, liaising with key stakeholders to ensure the data is accurate and up to date
- Support Treasury functions to include raising payments online, reviewing bacs payments for accuracy
- Support the Company Accountant and Finance Analysts on other ad hoc tasks as and when required.
- Ideally qualified AAT or similar, or qualified by experience (Desirable)
- Experience of working in an accounting environment processing of invoices and payments. (Desirable)
- Liaising with suppliers and customers in relations to settlement of invoices or debts. (Desirable)
- Working with Microsoft excel to manipulate data and provide reports in a user friendly format (Essential)
- Experience of presenting financial data to non financial management (Desirable)
- Experience of responding quickly and competently to service requests. (Essential)
Skills and Abilities
- Operate as a self starter across a broad range of activities. (Essential)
- Able to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines. (Essential)
- Professional outlook delivering high levels of customer service. (Essential)
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers and customers to gain satisfactory outcomes. (Essential)
- Ability to develop practical, creative and innovative ideas to solve problems and deliver best practice and best value. (Essential)
- Able to maintain levels of integrity and financial controls around financial processes, challenging and escalating any breaches in policies. (Essential)
- A strong team player. (Essential)
If you would like to apply for this post, please use the application form to submit your CV and apply online. Once submitted we will be in touch shortly to discuss your application. if you have any questions, please email email@example.com. The deadline for submitted applications is 11pm on Sunday 17 October.